Christone Enterprises has earned a rich and notable history during its 30-year evolution into the brokerage it is today. The company has assumed operations of three property management firms since its founding in 1988. Metro East Management & Realty was founded by Sheila Biegler in 1983, and purchased by Christone Enterprises in 2006. Metro East Management, under the ownership of Christone Enterprises, then acquired Worldwide Management in 2008. It is of interest that Worldwide Management was established in 2003, for the purpose of acquiring Schmale Realty Property Management. Schmale Insurance & Real Estate was founded in 1919, and started their property management division in 1958. Today, Christone Enterprises serves over 1,000 families and represents a property management legacy spanning nearly 60 years!
125 WEST 1st STREET | O’FALLON, IL
In May of 1997, a faulty electrical outlet caused a fire that destroyed our building at 125 West 1st Street, requiring a complete rebuild of the property. We’ve assembled this album of the extensive rebuild, to include the original O’Fallon Progress and Belleville News Democrat editorials. Christone Enterprises is exceedingly thankful to the O’Fallon Fire Department for their bravery and commitment during our time of need.
131/133 WEST 1st STREET | O’FALLON, IL
Christone Enterprises is proud to have taken part in our city’s continued Downtown Revitalization effort. In fall of 2002, Chris Mendola purchased a neglected piece of property located at 131/133 West 1st Street. The condemned building had previously housed a video store, computer repair service and massage therapist. Thirteen single-room apartments with a common bathroom were located upstairs. After having undergone an extensive rehabilitation, it now serves as the Luckenbooth Consignment Gallery and offers three single-bedroom luxury apartments on the second floor. This album presents the extensive rehabilitation work that took place on the property. We very much appreciate the support and goodwill received from the City Of O’Fallon Department of Planning and Zoning during this project.
104 SOUTH CHERRY STREET | O’FALLON, IL
There is another downtown O’Fallon revitalization project worth presenting, as it is so close to our home. Three doors down from our brokerage, at the corner of West 1st and South Cherry Streets, a two story building stands proud and beautiful after an extensive and much needed rehabilitation. A local O’Fallon investor purchased the building in 2006, and spent the next two years overseeing a full restoration to its original glory. This project was incredible, really, and spared no expense. Every detail was meticulously researched through historic records to restore the building back to authentic specification, including the original Art Deco bar, original 82′ x 40′ hardwood maple flooring on the second level and precisely replicated exterior windows. Records indicate this building once housed a bowling alley in the basement, a bank on the main floor and a roller-skating rink on the upper level. The building underwent further extensive modifications in 2014, and is now home to the popular ‘peel’ WOOD FIRED PIZZA. We present the pictures below, taken during the initial restoration completed in 2008.